Mary Robinson to speak at CCAFS seminar on 19 March
On 19 March, the Research Programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCFAS) is organising a seminar with the title “Closing the gender gap in farming under climate change: New knowledge for renewed action”.
The 1-day event consists of a high-level panel discussion and a number of research presentation and discussions around the issues of gender, climate change and agriculture, for example on “Vulnerability, climate change adaptation and local food systems” or “Smallholder women’s empowerment through farmer-participatory design and user-led innovation of labour-saving tools in Malawi”.
Mary Robinson will be speaking at the high-level panel discussion, moderated by Heide Hackmann, Executive Director, International Council for Science (ICSU). Frank Rijsberman, CEO, CGIAR Consortium, will introduce this session with a presentation on “Drawing lessons from newly emerging research” before the main panel will take to the stage.
- Mary Robinson, President, Mary Robinson Foundation – Climate Justice
- Sir Gordon Conway, Director of Agriculture for Impact and Professor of International Development at Imperial College London.
- Ann Tutwiler, Director General, Bioversity International
- Jane Madgwick, CEO, Wetlands International
- Dr. Evelyn Namubiru-Mwaura, Policy Officer, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
The high-level panel discussion and following Q & A session will be live-streamed form 13.00 – 14.30 CET.
CCFAS is part of the CGIAR consortium. The event is co-organised by CCFAS, futureearth and the International Social Sciene Council (ISSC).